Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Magazines for Teens

When I stand in the checkout line at the supermarket, I always pass my time by grabbing a magazine. As I skim through the titles, I always seem to grab the same type of magazines. I always find myself reading and rereading the latest Seventeen or Cosmo Girl Magazines. As a reader, I always seem to gravitate toward a certain kind of material. Seventeen and Cosmo Girl Magazines are probably two of my favorite magazines to read. The reason I always pick them isn’t because of who’s on the cover, what cute clothes they are showing me this month or what coupons they could possibly have inside of them, it’s the content that they offer the reader. These magazines have my favorite type of articles in them, true life stories. The stories are written about teenagers, for teenagers. As a reader, I can often relate the stories back to something in my own life, which is why I like them so much. They show you that it’s possible to do things like cope with pressure being put on you from your parents, teachers and coaches. Even the articles that I can’t relate to my life are very informative and useful. I can always learn something new from them. These magazines cover topics like teen depression, sex, hazing, bullying, eating disorders, being a college freshman and many, many other things as well. Not only are the articles informative, but they also make me feel very fortunate to have never had to deal with these types of things when I was growing up. I would have to recommend that teenage girls read these magazines so they can learn the same things I have learned from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment