Sunday, October 25, 2009

Axe

This was the first Axe ad that I looked at. It shows a man and a woman on top of a wedding cake with several women trying to climb up to the top. The man is wearing the Axe and every other girl wants him even though he is married. This ad, I believe, is sending a negative message to the public. Although the point of the ad is to say that Axe will attract women, it is saying that no one is off limits. People could look at this the wrong way and be turned off by this ad. Married men should not be included like they are in this ad. I believe that in a way this could be promoting adultry because not only is the man married, but all the women that are climbing the wedding cake are in white dresses. This shows that they are also married. I believe this ad could turn off married men to the product because they do not want that kind of attention from girls other than their wives.



This is the next Axe add that I looked at. I believe this is a better ad than the first one that I looked at for this product. It uses the can of Axe and a story where they took a bunch of words out of it and wrapped them around the can. The words that they used to put up next to the can were names of many different girls. By wrapping the names around teh can of Axe they are associating all of them with the can of Axe. It's saying that if you use the product all of those girls would be attracted to you. The names being wrapped around the can represents all of the girls being "wrapped around your finger", as the saying goes. This could be saying that girls would do anything for a guy wearing Axe. This is a good add because it uses this picture and incorporates the words with it.

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved the Axe ad. I mean when I was in high school, these commercials had just started circulating. Everyone had the same theme where the guys sprays Axe on himself and girls are very attracted to him. It was actually quite interesting that the girls hated the scent of the Axe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked when you said "this ad could turn off married men to the product because they do not want that kind of attention from girls other than their wives." I couldnt help but think my husband better not use axe...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have the right idea on that first ad. It's morally wrong in a few ways, and could really be offensive to the married axe users. It doesn't even appeal to the young males either, really. it's like "Wow, axe, really?" haha.

    I really liked the pictures you used instead of long boring articles like the rest of us. I enjoyed your blog because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like Axe always comes up with very unique and catchy ads! The second one is a very cool "play on words."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this pretty hilarious. Axe has some strange but neat advertisements on it. The story about it is interesting and I do not think that is true because the smell of Axe is very strong. It smells nice from a couple feet away, but up close it is bit too intense!

    ReplyDelete