Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The World's Greatest

The song The World's Greatest, by R Kelly, is probably one of my favorite songs. I had never even heard the song before about April of this past year, but once I heard it once, I was hooked. Seeing as I was about to graduate at this time, it really seemed to apply to my life. With lyrics like, "Im that star up in the sky, I'm that mountain peak up high, Hey I made it, I'm the world's greatest" it really seemed to be about my life. Graduating from high school is a big accomplishment and a huge step in life. The song also applies to the next step that we take in life, whether its college, the armed forces, or starting in the work force, the lyrics, "I'm that little bit of hope, when my back's against the ropes" are very motivational. I think that these lyrics apply to the people that you have in your life. They can give you hope and strength when you're going through hard times, like adjusting to something brand new, like college. I can really relate to this song because I am going through a new experience like this. I'm in a brand new place, with all new people and I'm trying to adjust to everything. This song makes me remember that when I'm going through hard times I can't give up and that people are always there to help me through those times.

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome that this is your favorite song. Everytime I do well on some type of exam or quiz I blink to the lyric, "Hey I made it." As funny as that sounds it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great great song. I always forget that R. Kelly is the artist of this song. Kinda of weird to think that the same guy who is "trapped in the closet" is the artist to this inspirational song. It is truly a catchy song and high school graduation should be a big day in everyone's life. I know that at my graduation a lot of people didn't think much of it or would rather be sleeping at home instead. I found this a shame and I enjoyed crossing a milestone in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This song made me realize all the wonderful accomplishments people around me have done, as well as I did. It is a good song and it makes you feel good when you listen to it. Not only is it inspirational, but it is motivational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. R. Kelly, what a classic. I must admit though, my favorite R. Kelly song is "I believe I can fly."

    ReplyDelete